There are some exciting changes underway in the EU LCS for the 2017 season. In case you haven’t had a chance to read the full announcement, here’s what you missed:
- We’re moving from a Best-of-2 match format to Best-of-3. No more ties! (Except on our fashionable casters, of course.)
- In early January all 10 competing teams will be placed into two groups of five based on a group draft. The 2017 season will feature matchups both within groups and cross-group.
- Saturdays will be a main broadcast day, including occasional Sunday ‘flex’ broadcast days.
- Changes to both playoff structure and relegation system.
- Krepo will be hitting the gym six mornings a week instead of five (to be confirmed).
SEE THE ACTION LIVE
For regular attendees of the EU LCS show and brand new fans, there’s never been a better time to come out to our Berlin studio to enjoy the action live. Tickets are on sale now at a cost of €10. Games get underway on the 19th of January and will be played out of the LCS Studio as we revamp the Arena for the second half of the year.
We won’t have a schedule of team groups and show day match-ups available until after the group draft in early January, but you can count on the action being intense. Rosters have been shaken up. Be in the audience to see up close who will emerge as the new European powerhouses.
Some claim it’s rude to buy gifts for yourself in December, but the tickets are for a January event so it totally doesn’t count. Order your tickets for the start of the EU LCS 2017 season now and we’ll see you at the studio in Berlin! The first 5 weeks of the Spring Split are available now and later weeks will be available throughout the season.